The reference design and development platform for indoor UWB RTLS solutions based on TDoA$2,833
* For any Additional components please contact us
The MK UWB Kit RTLS is the ideal entry point to learn how to implement an indoor Real Time Location System (RTLS) using Time Difference of Arrival (TDoA) multilateration technique.
TDoA can be used to determine a device position by measuring the time it takes for a UWB signal to be received at several fixed anchor devices placed in the monitored environment. Thanks to TDoA multilateration, UWB can be used to reliably compute the location of assets and people in indoor environments:
- Accurate: compared to other technologies, UWB allows you to obtain very accurate positioning measurements with a precision down to centimeters, even in indoor environments.
- Real-time: TDoA positioning data can be processed in real-time by the backend RTLS engine. You can know at each instant where tracked devices are and trigger actions based on their position or movement pattern.
- Scalable & Power efficient: The broadcasting nature of TDoA-based positioning makes it power-efficient and easily scalable to track tens of devices simultaneously using an infrastructure of anchors.
Experience firsthand the numerous advantages of UWB for real-time positioning and use the tools and examples included in the kit to kick-start the development of your own RTLS solution based on NXP’s TrimensionTM UWB ICs.
With the MK UWB Kit RTLS:
- Experience how to track one or more UWB-enabled tags using fixed anchor devices leveraging on TDoA-based real-time positioning. The MK UWB RTLS demo software allows you to experience first-hand the capabilities of the technology.
- Kick-start the design of your own UWB RTLS solutions by leveraging on the hardware and software examples provided with the kit.
MK UWB Kit Content
- 4x MK UWB Anchor RTLS reference hardware featuring NXP TrimensionTM SR150
- 2x UWB Tag SR040 reference hardware featuring NXP TrimensionTM SR040
- MK UWB Anchor RTLS & UWB Tag SR040 reference software with source code and binaries required to run the RTLS demo
- MK UWB RTLS Android application to setup the RTLS demo and visualize tags position in real-time on your smartphone
- Supporting technical documentation, including a User Manual and a Quick Installation Guide to easily install the RTLS demo
MK UWB Anchor RTLS
Flexible platform to develop customized UWB systems featuring NXP's UWB chipset TrimensionTM SR150, as the backbone infrastructure of the RTLS system to track UWB tag devices.
The customized ABS casing is ideal for tripod or wall mounting and can be easily opened to access the anchor debug interfaces. Velcro strips on the side of the anchor allow for easy mounting of external power banks (Not included in the kit).
UWB Tag SR040
Autonomous, battery-powered UWB device that features NXP's UWB chipset TrimensionTM SR040 and a BLE-enabled microcontroller, enabling all kinds of tracking and localization use cases, including UWB RTLS tracking using uplink TDoA multilateration.
The tags act as tracked devices in the RTLS infrastructure. The ABS casing makes it easier to carry the tag around and can be easily opened to access the tag debug interfaces.
Besides the hardware components described, the MK UWB Kit RTLS also comes with a USB drive containing software and documentation resources.
The MK UWB RTLS Demo Android application showcases how UWB technology can be used to implement an uplink TDoA-based RTLS solution:
- The MK UWB RTLS Demo uses Bluetooth LE to communicate with the anchors and is responsible for the system configuration, collecting the TDoA data from the anchors and executing the multilateration algorithm to compute the real time location of the tracked device.
- Track up to 4 UWB-enabled tags using an infrastructure of 4 fixed anchors
- Several configurations and personalization options
- Step-by-step documentation and quick installation guide to position the hardware and run the demo
- Source code of firmware applications and Android application so you can kick-start the design of your own RTLS solution
The documentation provides step-by-step instructions to install anchors, run the UWB RTLS Demo and experience real-time, TDoA-based positioning. You can also find tips and guidelines to start developing your own RTLS use cases.
- MK UWB RTLS Kit User Manual
- MK UWB RTLS Kit Quick Installation Guide
- MK UWB Shield 2 User Guide
- UWB Tag SR040 User Guide
- UWB Tag SR040 Hardware Design Files
Want to do more?
The MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 is the most comprehensive reference design and development platform for UWB-based IoT solutions.
Experience UWB technology with ready-to-run demonstration apps, Arduino-connected development boards and software libraries to start prototyping and developing your own UWB applications with minimum effort.
Leverage on our powerful software tools such as the MK UWB Toolbox Android application to develop innovative mobile applications, the MK UWB PC Shell application to obtain ranging information on any host computer, the MK UWB Library which provides a simple but powerful API for your IoT embedded solution and out-of-the-box support for NXP QN9090 and Nordic nRF 52840 MCUs.
Long-standing expertise in UWB technology to help you reduce your time to market and focus on your own UWB solution development:
- UWB technology consulting and support services: Guidance on use case definition and system integration, system architecture, software requirements, Q&A resolution, FIRA related process and use cases,…
- Development of customized UWB use cases: embedded software development, mobile application software development, back-end integration, system integration,…
- Design and development of customized antenna board based on customer requirements and constraints in order to optimize ranging and AoA measurements
- Porting of MK UWB SDK into a customer platform, enabling MK UWB SDK software tools and functionalities on any customer platform that meets the SDK requirements
- Licensing of MK UWB Library, for an easy integration of UWB technology while accelerating the time to market
MobileKnowledge is a team of HW, SW and system engineers, experts in smart, connected, and secure technologies for the Mobile and IoT worlds. We are your ideal engineering consultant for any specific support in connection with your NFC, UWB, Secure IoT and Functional Safety developments. We provide consultancy, design and development services for HW systems, embedded FW, mobile phone applications and secure cloud solutions leveraging on smart, connected and secure technologies.
MobileKnowledge is pleased to announce the release of the new MK UWB Kit RTLS, the ideal entry point to learn how to implement an UWB indoor Real Time Location System (RTLS) using Time Difference of Arrival (TDoA) multilateration technique.