A set of hardware, software tools and documentation to prototype your UWB – based solution(s) and accelerate the time to market.1600€
* For any Additional components please contact us
The MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 is a comprehensive set of hardware and software tools, and documentation to prototype your idea and accelerate the time to market for your new UWB-based solution.
This new and more powerful version of the MK UWB Kit leverages on UWB advanced functionalities from NXP TrimensionTM SR150 and SR040 UWB IC capabilities.
- UWB Tag SR040, featuring NXP’s UWB chipset Trimension SR040 and a BLE-enabled microcontroller
- MK UWB Shield 2 including SE051W Secure element that enables the evaluation of secure ranging functionality without additional HW
- Trimension SR040 module and development setup using MK UWB Shield 2
- Forget about low level implementation details and focus on your application development. The MK UWB Library offers a simple but powerful API that abstracts both Bluetooth LE and UWB HW
- MK UWB PC Shell, a PC application to support data logging and evaluation of UWB ranging data
- MK UWB Toolbox, the reference android application
- Out-of-the-box support for NXP QN9090 and Nordic nRF 52840 MCUs
UWB Use CasesNEW
- Distance alert use case, showcasing how to easily implement contextual actions based on proximity using UWB technology and NXP Trimension UWB ICs
- Tracker use case, showcasing how you can leverage UWB ranging and AoA, NXP Trimension UWB ICs and MK UWB SDK, to track the 2D position of UWB-enabled devices or tags
- Exclusive Online training and 1st line support through MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040
- MobileKnowledge will guide you through clear steps once you purchase the MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040
- Focused services to accelerate technology adoption
Experience the UWB technology with ready-to-run demonstration apps, development boards and SW libraries to start developing your own UWB application with minimum effort
Please note, for any customers who have purchased the previous MK UWB Kit featuring Trimension SR150 only, check out our Extension package here. Access new components and material to extend your MK UWB Kit to Trimension SR040.
MK UWB Kit Content
Leverage on the MK UWB kit SR150/SR040 new content and features and accelerate your time to market by focusing on your own application development.
- 2x UWB Tags SR040NEW
- 1x MK UWB Shield 2NEW
- 1x MK UWB Antenna board SMD with a soldered UWB module featuring NXP Trimension SR150 UWB IC
- 1x MK UWB SR040 Board with a soldered UWB module featuring NXP Trimension SR040 UWB IC and an integrated antennaNEW
- USB flash drive with software and documentation to help you develop your own solution
- Cables and connectors: USB to microUSB OTG adapter, microUSB to USB-C adapter, and USB cable
Any additional support from MobileKnowledge in connection to the MK UWB Kit is over and above the price of the kit (ref. MK UWB Kit license agreement #6.2 and #6.3). Any required support shall be subject to a specific and separate agreement ref section “MK Services".
UWB Tag SR040 NEW
Autonomous, battery-powered UWB device that features NXP's UWB chipset Trimension SR040 and a BLE-enabled microcontroller, enabling all kinds of tracking and localization use cases.
Compact UWB transceiver based on NXP’s UWB chipset Trimension SR150 / Trimension SR040. It supports multiple RF configurations with off-board components, allowing a flexible front-end design. It allows a quick integration of UWB capabilities into any design by using them as a component.
MK UWB Shield 2 NEW
Flexible platform to develop customized UWB systems. As the central part of the UWB Kit, it is used as the interface between the UWB module and external devices. It can also be plugged to other development boards thanks to its Arduino-compatible expansion headers.
MK UWB Shield 2 gives support for secure ranging through SE051WNEW
MK UWB Antenna board SMD
UWB Module-compatible PCB that can be easily connected to the MK UWB Shield 2.
Ready-to-use solution that features a soldered UWB Module SR150 and two SMD antennas, enabling 2D AoA reading.
MK UWB SR040 board NEW
UWB Module-compatible PCB that can be easily connected to the MK UWB Shield 2.
Ready-to-use solution that features a soldered UWB SR040 Module with an integrated antenna.
Besides the hardware components described, the MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 also comes with a USB drive containing software and documentation resources.
The MK UWB SDKNEW provides all the tools required to start developing UWB use cases for devices based on NXP Trimension UWB chips. It contains several application examples and a ready-to-use MK UWB Library that allows you to focus on the development of the application logic instead of the low-level details of the hardware. It is delivered with out-of-the-box support for NXP QN9090 and Nordic nRF 52840 MCUs and can be easily ported to other platforms.
The MK UWB Toolbox Android applicationNEW allows you to use a mobile phone to run the examples provided in the MK UWB SDK and visualize UWB ranging and AoA data.
The MK UWB PC Shell applicationNEW allows you to use a Windows PC to run the examples provided in the MK UWB SDK and read UWB ranging and AoA data.
The MK UWB LibraryNEW is a pre-compiled library that simplifies the development of UWB use cases for Trimension SR040 and Trimension SR150 ICs. By importing the library in your project, you will have access to a simple, but powerful API to:
- Initialize and deinitialize the UWB and BLE HW
- Configure UWB ranging session parameters
- Detect other UWB devices over BLE and start UWB sessions with those devices
- Receive real-time distance and AoA notifications that can be handled by your application
- Filter devices based on a whitelist or a blacklist
Full set of documents to help you getting started with the UWB technology using the MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 hardware and software content. Documentation provides step-by-step instructions to run off-the-shelf demo applications and use the development platform and software libraries to create your own UWB applications.
- MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 Quick Start Guide
- MK UWB Tracker and distance alert User Manual
- MK UWB SDK guide
- MK UWB Shield 2 User Guide
- MK UWB Tag SR040 User Guide
- MK UWB SDK porting guidelines
- Amotech SR150 Module Datasheet
- Amotech SR040 Module datasheet
- MK UWB Tag SR040 and Antenna board HW design files
- Angle of Arrival evaluation using MK UWB Kit
Exclusive Online Training NEW
Online training material including theory and hands-on exercises to master the content available in the kit and enable you to quickly focus on your applications. The training is divided into 4 online sessions divided into multiple sections, available to be viewed anywhere and anytime:
- Session 1: MK UWB Kit introduction
- Session 2: Hands on with the MK UWB Kit
- Session 3: How to develop your solution using MK UWB Kit components
- Session 4: How to integrate MK UWB Kit components to your system
Build your own UWB solution
MK UWB Kit Evaluation: Evaluate MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 demonstrative applications, and identify the key technologies involved.
Get to know the UWB capabilities in less than a blink of an eye with our demos and test applications.
MK UWB Kit Development: Customize your firmware or mobile application. Integrate new hardware or peripherals using MK UWB Shield 2.
The MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 comes with a complete development set to ease the integration and testing of the UWB Tag and UWB module into your own solution.
Access to MK Services: Further accelerate your time to market by getting support from MK in the design and development of your solution.
- Development of customized software applications.
- Licensing of MK UWB Library
- Development of custom antenna board designs based on customer requirements
- Porting of MK UWB SDK into a specific MCU platform.
- Support integration of secure ranging functionality.
- AoA calibration and performance enhancement
- UWB use case development: FW, mobile application, back-end solutions, ...
MK UWB Kit Extension package SR150/SR040
Extend your MK UWB Kit to Trimension SR040. Access new components and material.
The MK UWB Kit Extension package SR150/SR040 is available for any customer who has already purchased the previous MK UWB Kit, which only supports Trimension SR150.
This extension package includes:
- 2x UWB Tags SR040
- 1x MK UWB SR040 Board with a soldered UWB module featuring NXP Trimension SR040 UWB IC and an integrated antenna
- USB flash drive with new software and documentation referring to UWB shield 1v3. This USB flash drive is the same provided in the new MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040.
- Access to MK UWB Kit Exclusive online training
The purchase of the MK UWB Kit Extension package SR150/SR040 is subject to MobileKnowledge’s new License Agreement acceptance. Document available when purchasing the extension package.
MobileKnowledge is a team of HW, SW and system engineers, experts in smart, connected, and secure technologies for the Mobile and IoT worlds. We are your ideal engineering consultant for any specific support in connection with your NFC, UWB, Secure IoT and Functional Safety developments. We provide consultancy, design and development services for HW systems, embedded FW, mobile phone applications and secure cloud solutions leveraging on smart, connected and secure technologies.
MobileKnowledge is pleased to announce the release of the new MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040, a set of hardware, software tools and documentation to prototype your UWB – based solution(s) and accelerate the time to market. Leverage on UWB technology advanced functionalities and benefit from NXP TrimensionTM SR150 and SR040 UWB IC capabilities.