This extension kit is exclusively available for clients that have already purchased the MK UWB Kit Mobile edition
The first evaluation kit offering UWB interoperability against Apple® and AndroidTM mobile devices.
Kick-start the design of your innovative applications by leveraging on the sample iOS and Android applications developed by MobileKnowledge and unleash UWB ability to create more precise, spatial-aware application experiences.
UWB technology is rapidly expanding into the IoT ecosystem.
Smartphones play a significant role in driving the adoption of UWB in the IoT ecosystem as they make the technology intuitive and accessible to a broad user base.
Get ahead of this trend and start evaluating how NXP's UWB TrimensionTM technology interacts with UWB-enabled Apple® and AndroidTM devices.
With the MK UWB Kit Mobile edition 2.0:
- Experience how to establish a UWB ranging session between a UWB-enabled Apple® or AndroidTM smartphone and a UWB anchor or UWB tag based on NXP's TrimensionTM UWB IoT ICs
- Leverage on the background operation mode for mobile devices to build hands-free interactions with nearby smart objects.
- Obtain the MK UWB Connect application source code for Apple® or AndroidTM devices as well as the reference source code for SR150 UWB Anchor and SR040 UWB Tag software to interoperate against mobile devices.
- Receive exclusive support from MobileKnowledge to accelerate the evaluation and development of UWB technology-based solutions.
- MK UWB SR150 Anchor 3D reference software (source code and binaries) interoperable with Apple Nearby Interaction Accessory Protocol and Android UWB Jetpack libraries
- UWB Tag SR040 reference software (source code and binaries) interoperable with Apple Nearby Interaction Accessory Protocol and Android UWB Jetpack libraries
- MK UWB Connect iOS source code
- MK UWB Connect Android source code
- MK UWB Kit Mobile Edition 2.0 Quick Start Guide
- MK UWB Accessory software User Manual
- MK UWB Connect User Manuals for iOS and Android
- MK UWB Shield 2 User Manual
- UWB Tag SR040 User Manual
MK UWB Connect application
The MK UWB Connect application is available in Appstore and Play Store and is delivered as source code as part of the kit. These applications will be continuously maintained and improved by MobileKnowledge.
The iOS application implements the Nearby Interaction Protocol supporting background operation for hands-free spatial awareness experiences.
The Android application implements MobileKnowledge Out of Band protocol through Bluetooth LE for discovery and initialization of UWB ranging session through Android UWB Jetpack libraries.
The Anchor-to-Mobile software allows you to interoperate an NXP TrimensionTM SR150 Anchor against multiple Apple or Android UWB enabled devices simultaneously. It is delivered as source code as part of the kit.
The Tag-to-Mobile software allows you to interoperate an NXP TrimensionTM SR040 Tag against multiple Apple or Android UWB enabled devices simultaneously. It is delivered as source code as part of the kit.
Please visit Apple Developer site to obtain additional references on Apple’s Nearby Interaction Framework.
Please visit Android developer site to obtain additional references on UWB Jetpack libraries.
Want to do more?
The MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 is the most comprehensive reference design and development platform for UWB-based IoT solutions.
Experience UWB technology with ready-to-run demonstration apps, Arduino-connected development boards and software libraries to start prototyping and developing your own UWB applications with minimum effort.
Leverage on our powerful software tools such as the MK UWB Toolbox Android application to develop innovative mobile applications, the MK UWB PC Shell application to obtain ranging information on any host computer, the MK UWB Library which provides a simple but powerful API for your IoT embedded solution and out-of-the-box support for NXP QN9090 and Nordic nRF 52840 MCUs.
Long-standing expertise in UWB technology to help you reduce your time to market and focus on your own UWB solution development:
- UWB technology consulting and support services: Guidance on use case definition and system integration, system architecture, software requirements, Q&A resolution, FIRA related process and use cases,…
- Development of customized UWB use cases: embedded software development, mobile application software development, back-end integration, system integration,…
- Design and development of customized antenna board based on customer requirements and constraints in order to optimize ranging and AoA measurements
- Porting of MK UWB SDK into a customer platform, enabling MK UWB SDK software tools and functionalities on any customer platform that meets the SDK requirements
- Licensing of MK UWB Library, for an easy integration of UWB technology while accelerating the time to market
Android is a trademark of Google LLC. The Android robot is reproduced or modified from work created and shared by Google and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License.
MobileKnowledge is a team of HW, SW and system engineers, experts in smart, connected, and secure technologies for the Mobile and IoT worlds. We are your ideal engineering consultant for any specific support in connection with your NFC, UWB, Secure IoT and Functional Safety developments. We provide consultancy, design and development services for HW systems, embedded FW, mobile phone applications and secure cloud solutions leveraging on smart, connected and secure technologies.
The most comprehensive reference design and development platform for UWB-based IoT solutions.
The reference design and development platform for indoor UWB RTLS solutions based on TDoA
Get to know our evaluation and development tools around UWB technology