The new MK UWB 3D Antenna board includes a new reference 3 patch antenna design allowing the user to obtain the 3D position of UWB enabled devices, in combination with the latest Amotech ASMOP1BPO0N21 state of the art module integrating TrimensionTM SR150.
Experience UWB technology new features and functionalities with this fully integrated solution supporting 3D position information.
With the MK UWB 3D Antenna board:
- Fully integrated solution based on TrimensionTM SR150 supporting 3D position information
- Pin-to-pin compatible with the existing MK UWB Antenna board SMD (plug and play replacement)
- Based on pre-certified new module SR150 -ASMOP1BPO0N21- from Amotech
- Reference hardware design files available for the acceleration of your design and development activities
- Released and validated with production-ready NXP’s UWB IoT Software together with MK UWB Shield 2
- Optimized for UWB Channel 5 and 9 operation and calibrated Angle of Arrival data available off the shelf for you to focus on your own use cases and applications
MK UWB 3D Antenna board
Now supporting 3D positioning!
UWB Module-compatible PCB that can be easily connected to the MK UWB Shield 2 and 1v3 using the pin headers. Ready-to-use solution that features three PCB antennas, enabling ranging, 2D, and 3D Angle of arrival measurements as well as TDoA:
- 70x34,5mm dimensions
- Supporting 3.3 and 1.8v power supply and signal interface
- Accessible RF connectors for calibration/testing purposes
Compact UWB transceiver based on NXP’s UWB chipset Trimension SR150. It allows a quick integration of UWB capabilities into any design by using it as a component. Fully integrated RF frontend.
Compatible with UWB ranging, 2D & 3D Angle of Arrival, and TDoA. Suitable for Anchor devices. Embedded PHY and MAC FW compatible with FiRa consortium specifications
Production ready software, reference hardware design files, and up-to-date documentation to enable you to focus on your own application and use case leveraging on UWB technology.
Includes detailed guidelines on how to calibrate 3D AoA measurements using the new antenna board and provided software as well as reference results obtained against peer UWB devices.
The material included with the new MK UWB 3D Antenna board is:
- MK UWB 3D Antenna board schematic, Gerber, and eBOM files
- AoA evaluation with MK UWB 3D antenna board
- NXP UWB SR150 production-ready SW
- SR150 Module migration guidelines
- SR150 Module datasheet
- SR150 Module FCC, CE, UKCA certificates
AoA Reference data
Short summary of the results available:
- Improved measurement accuracy and stability versus previous antenna board
- Angle of Arrival calibration applied
- Effective both on Channel 5 and 9
Want to do more?
Long-standing expertise in UWB technology to help you reduce your time to market and focus on your own UWB solution development:
- UWB technology consulting and support services: Guidance on use case definition and system integration, system architecture, software requirements, Q&A resolution, FIRA related process and use cases,…
- Development of customized UWB use cases: embedded software development, mobile application software development, back-end integration, system integration,…
- Design and development of customized antenna board based on customer requirements and constraints in order to optimize ranging and AoA measurements
- Porting of MK UWB SDK into a customer platform, enabling MK UWB SDK software tools and functionalities on any customer platform that meets the SDK requirements
- Licensing of MK UWB Library, for an easy integration of UWB technology while accelerating the time to market
Long-standing expertise in UWB technology to help you reduce your time to market and focus on your own UWB solution development