How to use MK101 Kit
The MK101 Kit is a fully equipped resource that supports you during different phases of your NFC wearable design process:
- Discovery: Evaluate the features and functionalities of the MK101 Solution as well as demonstrate how to load contactless services in it
- Development: Customize and develop your own firmware or mobile application as well as integrate new hardware or peripherals on the MK101 core board
- Payment-ready: Evaluate a commercial-ready, pre-integrated NFC wearable payment solution
It includes a set of resources which will help you to quickly learn what the MK101 Kit allows you to do. It comes with a set of demos and test applications that show you:
- How to digitize secure NFC services such as payment, transit, access or loyalty in MK101.
- How to dynamically manage your digital wallet in MK101 from your phone.
- How to connect an OLED display to MK101 core board in a few simple steps.
You will be able to:
- Evaluate the features and functionalities of the MK101 Reference device sample as well as demonstrate how to load contactless services in it.
- Understand how you can leverage MK101 Solution and define your next steps to bring your new wearable to reality.
The following material is delivered:
- Android demonstrative application: Evaluate and discover how multiple services can be managed and loaded into the MK101 Reference device sample
- PC demonstrative application: Emulate the infrastructure interacting with the services created in the MK101 Reference device sample through the Android application
- OLED connection example: Evaluate how the OLED screen can be easily added to the MK101 Core board
- MK101 starting guide
- MK101 user manual
- MK101 Kit introduction
- Q&A resolution
Once you have evaluated all features and functionalities involved in a secure wearable design, understood the associated effort and challenges, and validated the approach you want to take for your own development, you are now ready to develop your own application. We will support you here with the Development and Payment-ready solution related materials of the MK101 Kit.
It offers every resource you need to prototype your new NFC wearable concept. You can add your own hardware and unique features while reducing design efforts and development costs.
You will be able to:
- Accelerate the integration of hardware such as LCDs/OLEDs, fingerprint sensors, accelerometers or any other peripheral into your NFC wearable design
- Rapidly build your new peripheral drivers leveraging on the existing MK101 Firmware library running on RTOS
- Reuse the existing MK101 Android SDK and even extend it to support additional features for your wallet application
The following material can be included as part of the Development:
- Schematic design files for both the MK101 core board and the MK101 external board
- List of electronic components used for both the MK101 core board and the MK101 external board
- Android SDK library and its source code
- Test application and its source code
- Firmware library and Development toolchain to allow extending the software-related features of MK101
- Functional requirements document
- Hardware architecture document of MK101 Core board and MK101 External board
- Hardware design guide document describing how additional hardware features can be added to the core board
- Firmware SDK library specifications
- Firmware design guide document describing how additional software features can be added to the core board
- Android SDK library specifications
- Resolve Q&A linked to MK101 FW
- Resolve Q&A linked to MK101 mobile SDK
- Resolve Q&A linked to MK101 HW
Benefit from all the resources available from MK101 Solution, our fully validated reference design, and E2E team expertise to build your own NFC-ready device.
Accelerate your time to market and save money by acquiring the MK101 development license and use your kit as an efficient platform to develop your own device.
It provides the key resources to help you evaluate NFC wearable payments based on MK101 Solution and mWallet2GO service from NXP. Use the Payment-ready solution to understand the costs and building blocks you need in order to deploy your NFC wearable payment solution with NXP mWallet 2GO platform.
The following material is delivered as part of the Payment-ready solution.
- Android wallet application to evaluate the end- to-end payment-ready solution using MK101 and NXP mWallet 2GO
- iOS MK wallet application to evaluate the end- to-end payment-ready solution using MK101 and NXP mWallet 2GO
- The NXP mWallet 2GO starting guide describing the material required and the commercial integration process with NXP mWallet 2GO
- One-day training about NFC payment in wearables
- Q&A resolution
Note that a specific evaluation license with NXP is required to have access to the Payment-ready solution stage.