A set of hardware, software tools and documentation to prototype your idea and accelerate the time to market of your new NFC wearables2500€ *
* Discovery version only
Adding NFC technology to wearables requires expertise and knowledge. We propose a new approach to minimize effort, starting from a proven and ready-to-go NFC-enabled core platform as a solid base to build your secure NFC wearable.
The MK101 Kit is a comprehensive resource allowing you to accelerate the time to market of new NFC wearables. It provides the necessary hardware, software and development environment to prototype your new NFC wearable solution.
Benefit from our fully validated MK101 reference design to build your own NFC ready wearable faster.
Leverage on MK101 Kit to get a head start on your wearable development, and save cost and time during the prototyping and development phase in order to meet your goals faster. Focus your time and energies on the added value of your solution beyond NFC.
MK101 Kit contents
- Reference device sample: A fully functional and EMV pre-certified device for your digital wallet in an elegant bracelet form factor.
- Core board: A highly integrated, fully validated NFC core for payment and closed-loops applications that fits in small, wearable form factors.
- External board: A flexible prototyping platform to develop your new NFC wearable solution leveraging Core board features.
- OLED screen: A peripheral to demonstrate how it can be used to extend the features of Core board.
- Contactless reader: A standard USB contactless reader (CLRD710).
- USB drive: A memory stick that contains the software, documentation and support material.
- Micro USB charger cable
A reference board with minimum system footprint, completely optimized bill of materials, size, power consumption, RF performance, antenna tuning and firmware stack.
- NFC controller with tamper-proof, banking grade SE
- BLE system-on-chip
- Rechargeable Battery
- Test points (Plug of Nails)
- User interface (LED, vibrator, button)
A flexible platform to develop your new NFC wearable. Customize your specific application, access the secure element and connect new components using the provided API and the SDK.
- Secondary MCU
- Expansion pins
- JTAG interface
- Power USB
- Debugging circuitry
How to use MK101 Kit
The MK101 Kit is a fully equipped resource that supports you during different phases of your NFC wearable design process:
- Discovery: Evaluate the features and functionalities of the MK101 Solution as well as demonstrate how to load contactless services in it
- Development: Customize and develop your own firmware or mobile application as well as integrate new hardware or peripherals on the MK101 core board
- Payment-ready: Evaluate a commercial-ready, pre-integrated NFC wearable payment solution
It includes a set of resources which will help you to quickly learn what the MK101 Kit allows you to do. It comes with a set of demos and test applications that show you:
- How to digitize secure NFC services such as payment, transit, access or loyalty in MK101.
- How to dynamically manage your digital wallet in MK101 from your phone.
- How to connect an OLED display to MK101 core board in a few simple steps.
You will be able to:
- Evaluate the features and functionalities of the MK101 Reference device sample as well as demonstrate how to load contactless services in it.
- Understand how you can leverage MK101 Solution and define your next steps to bring your new wearable to reality.
The following material is delivered:
- Android demonstrative application: Evaluate and discover how multiple services can be managed and loaded into the MK101 Reference device sample
- PC demonstrative application: Emulate the infrastructure interacting with the services created in the MK101 Reference device sample through the Android application
- OLED connection example: Evaluate how the OLED screen can be easily added to the MK101 Core board
- MK101 starting guide
- MK101 user manual
- MK101 Kit introduction
- Q&A resolution
The purchase of the MK101 Kit Discovery is subject to Mobileknowledge’s NDA, this document is provided upon your order receipt.
Available on backorder
Once you have evaluated all features and functionalities involved in a secure wearable design, understood the associated effort and challenges, and validated the approach you want to take for your own development, you are now ready to develop your own application. We will support you here with the Development and Payment-ready solution related materials of the MK101 Kit.
Please submit your request for information form (at the bottom of the page) and we will be pleased to provide you with a customized quotation.
It provides the key resources to help you evaluate NFC wearable payments based on MK101 Solution and mWallet2GO service from NXP. Use the Payment-ready solution to understand the costs and building blocks you need in order to deploy your payment ready wearable with NXP mWallet 2GO platform.
The following material is delivered as part of the Payment-ready solution.
- Android wallet application to evaluate the end- to-end payment-ready solution using MK101 and NXP mWallet 2GO
- iOS MK wallet application to evaluate the end- to-end payment-ready solution using MK101 and NXP mWallet 2GO
- The NXP mWallet 2GO starting guide describing the material required and the commercial integration process with NXP mWallet 2GO
- One-day training about contactless payment in NFC wearables
- Q&A resolution
Note that a specific evaluation license with NXP is required to have access to the Payment-ready solution stage.
It offers every resource you need to prototype your new NFC wearable concept. You can add your own hardware and unique features while reducing design efforts and development costs.
You will be able to:
- Accelerate the integration of hardware such as LCDs/OLEDs, fingerprint sensors, accelerometers or any other peripheral into your NFC wearable design
- Rapidly build your new peripheral drivers leveraging on the existing MK101 Firmware library running on RTOS
- Reuse the existing MK101 Android SDK and even extend it to support additional features for your wallet application
The following material can be included as part of the Development:
- Schematic design files for both the MK101 core board and the MK101 external board
- List of electronic components used for both the MK101 core board and the MK101 external board
- Android SDK library and its source code
- Test application and its source code
- Firmware library and Development toolchain to allow extending the software-related features of MK101
- Functional requirements document
- Hardware architecture document of MK101 Core board and MK101 External board
- Hardware design guide document describing how additional hardware features can be added to the core board
- Firmware SDK library specifications
- Firmware design guide document describing how additional software features can be added to the core board
- Android SDK library specifications
- Resolve Q&A linked to MK101 FW
- Resolve Q&A linked to MK101 mobile SDK
- Resolve Q&A linked to MK101 HW
Benefit from all the resources available from MK101 Solution, our fully validated reference design, and E2E team expertise to build your own NFC-ready device.
Accelerate your time to market and save money by acquiring the MK101 development license and use your kit as an efficient platform to develop your own device.
MobileKnowledge is pleased to announce the release of the MK101 Solution, a highly integrated and cost-optimized white label platform to digitize any secure NFC services
More and more, small battery-driven devices such as wearables are increasingly available. With their low power consumption, the challenge is to use NFC technology for battery charging
When integrating NFC technology into wearable devices, the impact on the power consumption is a key concern. The Connected Device has been characterized in terms of power consumption to support wearable manufacturers so they may assess the power requirements of devices using similar architecture