This development kit is approved by Apple® for the purpose of evaluating UWB-enabled accessories that leverage Apple's Nearby Interaction framework in order to interact with Apple® products that include the U1 chip.
UWB technology is rapidly expanding into the IoT ecosystem.
Smartphones play a significant role in driving the adoption of UWB in the IoT ecosystem as they make the technology intuitive and accessible to a broad user base.
Get ahead of this trend and start evaluating how NXP's UWB TrimensionTM technology interacts with UWB-enabled Apple® products.
With the MK UWB Kit Mobile edition evaluation platform:
- Experience how to establish a UWB ranging session between a UWB-enabled Apple® product and a UWB anchor or UWB tag
- Evaluate hardware performance of NXP's TrimensionTM SR150 and SR040 UWB ICs in connection to a UWB-enabled Apple® product
- Kick-start the design of innovative applications that interact with UWB-enabled Apple® products and unleash the ability to create more precise, directionally aware app experiences
MK UWB Kit Mobile edition Content
- UWB Tag SR040 reference hardware featuring NXP TrimensionTM SR040
- MK UWB Anchor SR150 reference hardware featuring NXP TrimensionTM SR150
- MK UWB Anchor SR150 reference software source code and binaries compliant with Apple Nearby Interaction Accessory Protocol Specification
- UWB Tag SR040 reference software source code and binaries compliant with Apple Nearby Interaction Accessory Protocol Specification
- Support documentation
UWB Tag SR040
Autonomous, battery-powered UWB device that features NXP's UWB chipset TrimensionTM SR040 and a BLE-enabled microcontroller, enabling all kinds of tracking and localization use cases.
MK UWB Anchor SR150
Flexible platform to develop customized UWB systems. Arduino-compatible expansion headers and features NXP's UWB chipset TrimensionTM SR150.
The Mobile-to-Anchor software showcases how to start a UWB ranging session between a UWB-enabled Apple® product and an IoT anchor equipped with NXP TrimensionTM SR150, such as the MK UWB Anchor SR150.
The Mobile-to-tag software showcases how to start a UWB ranging session between a UWB-enabled Apple® product and a tag equipped with NXP TrimensionTM SR040, such as the UWB Tag SR040.
Please visit Apple Developer site to obtain additional references on Apple’s Nearby Interaction Framework.
Want to do more?
The MK UWB Kit SR150/SR040 is the most comprehensive reference design and development platform for UWB-based IoT solutions.
Experience UWB technology with ready-to-run demonstration apps, Arduino-connected development boards and software libraries to start prototyping and developing your own UWB applications with minimum effort.
Leverage on our powerful software tools such as the MK UWB Toolbox Android application to develop innovative mobile applications, the MK UWB PC Shell application to obtain ranging information on any host computer, the MK UWB Library which provides a simple but powerful API for your IoT embedded solution and out-of-the-box support for NXP QN9090 and Nordic nRF 52840 MCUs.
Long-standing expertise in UWB technology to help you reduce your time to market and focus on your own UWB solution development:
- UWB technology consulting and support services: Guidance on use case definition and system integration, system architecture, software requirements, Q&A resolution, FIRA related process and use cases,…
- Development of customized UWB use cases: embedded software development, mobile application software development, back-end integration, system integration,…
- Design and development of customized antenna board based on customer requirements and constraints in order to optimize ranging and AoA measurements
- Porting of MK UWB SDK into a customer platform, enabling MK UWB SDK software tools and functionalities on any customer platform that meets the SDK requirements
- Licensing of MK UWB Library, for an easy integration of UWB technology while accelerating the time to market
MobileKnowledge is a team of HW, SW and system engineers, experts in smart, connected, and secure technologies for the Mobile and IoT worlds. We are your ideal engineering consultant for any specific support in connection with your NFC, UWB, Secure IoT and Functional Safety developments. We provide consultancy, design and development services for HW systems, embedded FW, mobile phone applications and secure cloud solutions leveraging on smart, connected and secure technologies.